A delicious, warm and comforting Italian Meatball & Gnocchi Soup recipe. A super easy family meal made in the slow cooker. Minimum effort, maximum taste!
- 12 uncooked beef meatballs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 600ml / 2.5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs or oregano
- 500g / 1 lb gnocchi
- To garnish: grated parmesan and fresh basil
- Place all the ingredients except the gnocchi, parmesan and basil in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add the gnocchi and cook on low for another 1 hour or on high for 30 minutes. If the soup appears too thick then add a little extra stock or water.
- Serve immediately garnished with grated parmesan and fresh basil leaves.