A super simple and delicious Beef and Broccoli recipe. This is so easy to make, simply chuck all the ingredients into the slow cooker or crockpot and leave it to cook all day.
- 500g / 1 lb casserole beef steak or flank steak
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400ml / 1.5 cups beef stock (I use low sodium stock)
- 60ml / 0.25 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cornflour or cornstarch
- 250g / 9oz chopped broccoli
- To serve: boiled rice, chopped spring onions and sesame seeds
- Add the beef, onion, garlic, beef stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and honey to the slow cooker and mix. Pop on the lid and cook on low for 4 – 5 hours (or on high for 3 hours).
- Use a ladle to remove about 2 large spoons of the liquid from the slow cooker into a small bowl. Add the cornflour to the bowl and whisk with a fork until there are no lumps. Pour this mixture back into the slow cooker, mix well and continue to cook for another 30 – 40 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Steam the broccoli (use a steamer or cook in the microwave) and then add it to the slow cooker and mix.
- Serve immediately with boiled rice and garnish with chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.