The easiest ever recipe for a tasty Chicken Tikka Masala, cooked in the slow cooker to make it soft and tender.
- 650g diced chicken breast
- 400g fresh tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 150g plain yogurt (at room temperature)
- Add all the ingredients except the yogurt to the slow cooker and mix well. Pop on the lid and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Turn off the heat and then mix in the yogurt.
- Serve immediately with boiled rice and garnished with coriander.
This recipe can be batch cooked and frozen. Leave it to cool completely before transferring to a freezer-safe bag or container. To defrost leave in the fridge overnight until thawed completely then reheat on the hob.