A delicious hearty stew with beef, carrots and potatoes in a rich sauce. All cooked in the slow cooker. Comfort food made easy this Winter!
- 800g lean diced beef
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 700g Maris Piper Potatoes, peeled and cut into medium sized chunks
- 400ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: fresh parsely
- Add the beef and flour to a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or in the pot of the slow cooker if you have one that can be used on the hob.
- Add the beef and fry until browned. I tend to do this in two batches.
- Add the beef to the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- This is optional but once cooked you can sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve with green vegetables.
Leftovers can be kept in a container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated on the hob or in the microwave. This stew can also be frozen and defrosted overnight in the fridge before reheating.