An easy recipe for Beef Casserole all cooked together in the slow cooker. Delicious and so warming, perfect for an Autumn or Winter evening.
- 0.5 tbsp oil
- 500g / 17.5oz diced beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 200ml / 1 cup water
- 1 red wine or beef stock pot
- 2 tbsp gravy granules
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the beef. Cook for a few minutes until all sides have browned.
- Add the beef, along with any pan juices, to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Serve with mashed potato.
This recipe is perfect to make in bulk. The leftovers can be kept in a sealed container for up to 2 days or frozen. To defrost, leave in the fridge overnight and heat until piping hot throughout.