An easy and tasty recipe for beef brisket, slow cooked in a red wine stock and served with kale mash.
I’ve posted so many sweet recipes so far this month and I have to say I’m nearly all sugar-ed out!
So today I’ve decided to share a savoury recipe; one which I’ve been making regularly for the past couple of months… my delicious and super easy Slow Cooker Beef Brisket!
Whilst this technically isn’t a Christmas recipe, I think it’s perfect for this time of year when you need to feed a crowd cheaply and easily.
Brisket is one of those seriously under-rated cuts of beef. It’s cheaper than most cuts but this makes it just right for slow cooking; either on low in the oven or in your crock pot.
And with just a few basic vegetables, stock, red wine and herbs you can create a delicious mouth-watering meal that will have your guests begging for the recipe!
I serve my Slow Cooked Beef Brisket with Kale Mash (it’s simply mashed potato and cooked kale mixed together with a little butter and seasoning) but plain mashed potato or even roast potatoes are really good too.
Check out the video below which shows just how easy this recipe is (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!).
A printable version with full ingredients is also available below.Print
An easy and tasty recipe for beef brisket, slow cooked in a red wine stock and served with kale mash
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1.25kg / 2.75lbs beef brisket joint
- 600ml / 2.5 cups beef stock
- 1 small glass red wine (optional, can use more stock instead)
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Place the onion, garlic, carrots and celery in a casserole dish or in a slow cooker. Add the beef joint and pour in the stock and red wine. Add the dried herbs and stir.
- Cook in a low oven (150C or 300F) or on high in the slow cooker for between 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the meat when cooked and carve. Spoon out the vegetables and juice and serve.