A fun teatime treat for the whole family; jacket potatoes baked in the oven and filled with a delicious shepherds pie filling
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 250g lamb mince
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 200ml water
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 tsp gravy granules
- 2 tbsp butter
- optional: cheese to top
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Wash the potatoes and pierce them several times with a fork. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and garlic and gently cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the lamb mince and cook until brown.
- Add the carrots, celery, water and dried herbs and cook on a simmer for 10 minutes. Add the frozen peas and gravy granules and mix well. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes before taking off the heat.
- When the potatoes are cooked slice the top off each of the potatoes. Scoop out about 3/4 of the filling inside the potatoes and put this into a bowl. Add the butter and mash it with a fork.
- Spoon the shepherds pie filling into each of the baked potatoes and top with a large dollop of the mashed potato. Top with cheese and serve.