A delicious, easy and healthy one pan meal with salmon, noodles and vegetables all cooked together in a parchment parcel. These Sesame Salmon Noodle Parcels are perfect for busy parents!
I’ve tried as best as possible to keep the kids’ meals and snacks as regular and as healthy as possible (although I have to admit there has been a lot more eating out and ice creams involved!) but my own healthy and fitness has taken a massive hit.
Looking back, I think I probably set the bar a little too high for myself this summer with an ebook to produce and a mammoth video shoot for my YouTube channel, along with my normal blog and video work and freelance and brand commitments.
In the midst of that I just didn’t seem to have the headspace to focus on my own health and fitness.
There have been a lot of late nights with both myself and my husband working, grabbing quick meals to eat and snacking on all the wrong things.
But with school and nursery starting up again next week (hooray for routine!) we both feel ready to tackle better eating habits.
If you would like to follow more of my healthy eating and fitness journey I’ve started a new instagram account specifically for this: My Healthy Mama.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and share your own success or struggle with healthy eating as a busy parent.Print
A delicious and easy one pan meal with salmon, noodles and vegetables all cooked together in a parchment parcel.
- 2 packets straight to wok noodles
- 1 courgette, spiralized
- 1 pak choi
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- juice of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Cut two large pieces of parchment paper and fold each in two. Make two parcels to fit snuggly in a baking dish.
- Place a packet of noodles into one of the parchment parcels and top with some of the courgette noodles. Pour about 60ml of water on top and add half of the pak choi, a salmon fillet and some spring onions. Repeat with the other parcel.
- Make the dressing by placing all the ingredients into a jar. Put on the lid and shake well. Pour the dressing over both parcels.
- Scrunch the top of the parchment paper to make a parcel and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the salmon is cooked through and the noodles are soft.
- Serve immediately.