A fresh and delicious Roasted Vegetable Pasta recipe ready in just 15 minutes! Can be eaten hot or cold, perfect for a quick and easy dinner at home or to take out and about for a picnic!
If you have a selection of veggies in your fridge looking a little sad and past their best then this is the perfect recipe to use them all up with no waste. Simply chop, mix with some dried herbs, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 10 minutes. So easy!
I used some simple dried oregano to flavour my veggies but you can really use whatever you fancy. Some smoked paprika would give them a lovely smokey flavour or add some chilli powder for heat. Garlic granules would also be delicious.
The veggies I used in this recipe were:
- red onion
- red and yellow peppers
- cherry tomatoes
- baby broccoli
But any vegetables that roast quickly will work just fine. I would avoid root veg like squash, sweet potato unless you have time to cook them for longer.
If you want to add some protein, any cooked meat or prawns would work well. Or add some drained tinned beans to keep it veggie.
This recipe is great served either hot or cold. To make a cold pasta salad, run the cooked pasta under cold water after draining and then allow the roasted veggies to cool before mixing them with the pasta.
If you try my Roasted Veggie Pasta recipe please do leave me a comment and a star rating below. You can also share your pictures with me on on Instagram. I always love to see your creations!Print
A fresh and delicious Roasted Vegetable Pasta recipe ready in just 15 minutes!
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 courgette
- 200g / 7oz asparagus
- 200g /7oz baby broccoli
- 150g / 5oz cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 400g / 14oz dried pasta
- Chop the vegetables and place them in a large bowl with the olive oil and oregano. Mix well until all the vegetables are coated.
- Divide the vegetables between two baking trays or dishes and roast in a 200c / 400f oven for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and then mix with the cooked roasted vegetables.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
To make a cold pasta salad, run the cooked pasta under cold water after draining and then allow the roasted veggies to cool before mixing them with the pasta.