A delicious and healthy frittata or crustless quiche, made with roasted tomatoes, feta cheese and spinach
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 medium eggs
- 25g cheddar cheese
- 50g feta cheese
- 50g fresh spinach
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f.
- Add the oil and chopped cherry tomatoes to an oven-proof pie or flan dish and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs in a large jug with a fork. Add the cheddar, feta, spinach, red pepper, spring onion and oregano and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If you want to add any extra ingredients now is the time to do so. I added a little cooked chorizo, but cooked chicken, turkey or ham would work really well too.
- Remove the dish from the oven. The tomatoes should be lightly roasted but not completely mushy. Pour the egg mixture on top of the tomatoes and give everything a good stir.
- Return the dish to the oven for 15-20 minutes. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fritatta. Simply stick a sharp knife into the middle to test if it has cooked through.
- If you attempt to cut the frittata straight from the oven it may fall apart, so allow it to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into portions and serving. I serve mine with a little extra feta cheese, cherry tomatoes and rocket.
- The frittata will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days.