A delicious and healthy snack of chickpeas roasted with garlic, herbs and parmesan
- 1 can cooked chickpeas (240g drained weight)
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp parmesan, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Drain the water from the chickpeas and place them between several layers of kitchen paper. Leave for 15 minutes, allowing as much moisture as possible to transfer onto the paper.
- Mix the oil, garlic and oregano together in a bowl. Add the parmesan and then season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chickpeas and stir until well combined.
- Spread the chickpeas onto the baking tray and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning 3 or 4 times.
- Allow the chickpeas to fully cool before removing from the tray. This will help to keep them crunchy and stop them going chewy. Store in an air-tight jar for 2-3 days.