Quorn & Vegetable Hot Pot. The ultimate comfort food meal, perfect for Autumn and Winter but easy enough to whip up mid week!
- 750g Maris Piper potatoes
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 200g button mushroom
- 1 family pack Frozen Quorn Mince
- 500ml water
- 50g tomato puree
- 1 tbsp vegetable gravy granules
- 1 red wine stock pot
- 75g grated cheddar cheese
- Wash the potatoes well and then cut into slices about a pound coin in thickness. Add to a pan of boiling water and simmer on the hob for 10 minutes.
- In a large casserole dish add the oil and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add the carrots, celery and mushrooms and fry for another 3-4 minutes. Add the Quorn Mince and stir well.
- Add the water, tomato puree, gravy granules and stock pot and mix again. Leave to simmer for about 12 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them well then add to the top of the Quorn and vegetable mixture in the casserole dish. Finally sprinkle on the grated cheddar cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 180c for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some green veg.
Leftovers can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for 48 hours and reheated until piping hot throughout.