Delicious and easy to make, these Winter Warmer Quorn Taco Cups are sure to inject a bit of fun into family mealtimes.
A lot of people, myself included, are trying to cut down on the amount of meat they eat as a family. For me, the key to achieving this is having several tried-and-tested meat free recipes at hand to whip up on busy days. Simple swaps can really make a big difference.
Feeding a family, all of whom have different tastes and preferences can be tough. But these Quorn Taco Cups are sure to be a hit with both adults and kids alike. Made with Quorn mince, they are a really nutritious alternative to traditional chilli and are so quick and easy to make.
High in protein and low in saturated fat, Quorn mince makes it so easy to swap your favourite family meals for a meat free version.
The first step in making these Quorn Taco Cups is to cut out round shapes from flour tortilla wraps and gently press them into a muffin tin. These are baked in the oven for 10 minutes which gives a delicious crispy cup in which to put our Quorn chilli.
Next up is the chilli itself which is made by frying onion, garlic, taco spices and Quorn mince in a frying pan. The great thing about Quorn mince is that it can be cooked from frozen so there’s no need to remember to take it out of the freezer to defrost earlier in the day.
The chilli is then added to the taco cups and garnished with toppings such as grated cheese, peppers, spring onions and sour cream.
These Taco Cups are best eaten immediately after cooking. I serve them with some side salad but they would also be delicious with boiled rice or stir fried green veg.
For lots more recipes using Quorn and ideas for making some of your favourite meals meat-free then head on over to the Quorn website.
If you try these Quorn Taco Cups please do leave me a comment and a star rating below. You can also share your pictures with me on on Instagram. I always love to see your creations!
Disclosure: I have been compensated for my time spent working on this recipe with Quorn but as always all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.Print
Delicious and easy to make, these Quorn Taco Cups are sure inject some fun into family mealtimes.
- 3 large flour tortilla wraps
- spray oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped or crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground corainder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 180c and spray a 12 hole muffin tin with spray oil.
- Use an 11cm round cookie cutter to cut out 12 round shapes of tortilla. Gently press these into the muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- Spray some of the oil into a frying pan and add the chopped onions and garlic. Fry for 2 minutes until the onions are softened.
- Add in the spices and mix quickly. Add the Quorn Mince, vegetable stock and tomato puree and mix again.
- Cook on a low simmer for 10 minutes.
- When ready, add some of the Quorn chilli into the taco cups and garnish with your chosen toppings.
- Serve immediately.