A quick, easy and super tasty Coconut Chicken Curry recipe, so simple to whip up for a delicious family meal mid-week!
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 300ml tinned coconut milk
- 100ml chicken stock
- 400g diced chicken breast
- 150g tinned chickpeas
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 60g fresh spinach
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic, curry powder and garam masala and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the ground almonds, coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the diced chicken and cook for 10-12 minutes on a high simmer.
- Transfer some of the sauce from the frying pan into a mug and whisk with the cornflour with a fork. Pour this mixture back into the pan and stir well.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add the spinach.
- Serve with boiled rice.