Have you tried Cauliflower Rice yet? Its a great way to sneak some extra veggies into your children’s diet. Here’s how I prepare, cook and store it at home!
- 1 cauliflower (any size is fine)
- Remove the stalks and leaves from the cauliflower and cut it roughly into florets. Pop them into a colander and rinse under running water.
- Place the florets in a food processor and blitz. You may need to do this in batches depending on how large your cauliflower is.
- You will need to blitz until the cauliflower gets to a rice-like consistency but be careful not to over-blend it.
- You can either cook the cauliflower rice straight away or pop it into ziplock bags to store in the fridge (for 3 to 4 days) or the freezer (for up to 6 months).
- There are two methods to cook the rice. The first involves the microwave. Spoon some of the rice into a bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap and pierce with a knife. Cook on high in the microwave for approx 3 minutes.
- The other method is to put some of the rice in a frying pan with a little oil. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes.