A delicious and nutritious mild vegetarian curry, suitable for adults and kids and packed with Cornish new potatoes and chickpeas
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 750g Cornish new potatoes
- 120g tomato puree
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- 240g tinned cooked chickpeas
- Add the oil and onion to a large saucepan and fry for 2 minutes until the onions starts to soften.
- Add in the garlic and the spices and mix well, frying for another minute.
- Wash the Cornish new potatoes and chop into small pieces, roughly 1 inch in size.
- Add the potatoes, tomato puree and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then pop on a lid and simmer for approximately 15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through. You should be able to stick a knife through the centre of the potatoes easily but they should still be firm.
- Finally add in the chickpeas and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes to warm them through.
- Serve with boiled rice and some fresh coriander to garnish.
This curry can be kept in the fridge for 48 hours or alternatively can be frozen.