A delicious wholegrain bread recipe made with jus a few simple ingredients. No flour and no yeast needed. No rising or proving either. So easy!
- 400g porridge oats
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 500g plain yogurt
- 50ml milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan. Grease a 2lb loaf tin and line it with baking parchment.
- Mix the oats, bicarbonate of soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the yogurt, milk and beaten egg and mix well until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the tin and level it out with the back of a spoon. Use a knife to draw a line down the middle of the loaf.
- Sprinkle the seeds on top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 mins. Remove the bread from the tin by lifting up the parchment paper and then place the loaf back in the oven, directly on the rack, for another 5 minutes.
- This will help to give a lovely crust to the bread.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- This bread is much easier to slice once it has cooled.
- This bread will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Individual slices can also be frozen and defrosted at room temperature or in the microwave.