I can’t quiet believe that it’s the last day of 2014 already. This year has gone insanely fast but I am so grateful for having this little blog. That decision to purchase the My Fussy Eater domain in March was one of the most important decisions I have made this year. For the first couple of months I was thrilled that family and friends were trying out and enjoying my recipes and never would I have believed that by the end of the year I would have 10,000 people visiting my blog every week from all over the world. I really am grateful for every person that tries my recipes and leaves lovely comments. Thank you!
The type of recipes I have blogged this past 9 months have changed somewhat. I started with “normal” family recipes. At the end of the summer I had a complete overhaul of my diet and lifestyle (you can read more about it here) and have since switched to eating clean, unprocessed and whole foods 90% of the time.
My recipes have since evolved and obviously reflect my new way of eating. What I have noticed is that a lot of clean eating recipes out there are only really tailored to adults or require hours of preparation or cooking. So for 2015 I hope to create as many child friendly family focused recipes as possible using whole and unprocessed foods.
But for now let’s have a look back at the Top 12 most popular recipes in 2104. Are any of your favourites featured?
1. Cocoa Banana Overnight Oats – The easiest and tastiest Overnight Oats recipe in the world with cocoa, banana, yogurt and milk!
2. Frozen Yogurt Bark – Snack time just got exciting with this recipe for energy boosting Frozen Yogurt Bark; greek yogurt sweetened with honey and topped with chocolate chips, strawberries and coconut!
3. Butternut Squash Fries – A low calorie and low carb alternative to french fries. These Butternut Squash Fries are a perfect way to get your fussy eaters eating more veg!
4. Chocolate & Vanilla Nana Ice Cream – You won’t believe this Vanilla & Chocolate Nana Ice Cream is gluten, dairy and sugar free!
5. Hot Chocolate Gifts – Make Christmas a little less stressful and little more affordable this year with this homemade edible gift of Hot Chocolate in a jar!
6. Spinach & Egg Muffins – A delicious and filling breakfast designed to get kids excited about eggs. Also perfect for low carb, paleo and Whole30 diets.
7. Oat Thumbprint Cookies – A healthy version of the classic jam thumbprint cookies. Made with oats, bananas & almond milk these cookies are gluten and dairy free with no refined sugar.
8. Raspberry Chia Jam – A delicious sugar free alternative to jam made from chia seeds, raspberries, honey and vanilla.
9. Nutella Microwave Mug Cake – A delicious and easy Chocolate Nutella Cake cooked in the microwave and ready in just 3 minutes!
10. Peanut Butter & Banana Popsicle – A super healthy dairy free popsicle made from peanut butter and banana.
11. Quinoa Smoothie – A protein packed smoothie made with quinoa, greek yogurt and berries. A delicious and healthy snack the whole family will love!
12. Sticky Asian Cocktail Sausages – The ultimate Christmas party food! Cocktail sausages baked to perfection with a sweet and sticky Asian glaze.
HAPPY NEW YEAR and see you in 2015!