Popcorn Chicken makes a really delicious and fun dinner for kids. My recipe is baked to keep it super healthy but still really crispy thanks to the Rice Krispie coating!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 100g / 3 cups rice krispies
- 40g / 1 & 1/2 oz parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 200c / 390f and line two baking tray with parchment paper.
- Chop the chicken breasts into small bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Blitz the Rice Krispies, parmesan, oregano and garlic powder in a food processor. Once well mixed, add the olive oil and blitz again then spread the krispie mixture onto a plate.
- Beat the eggs and milk in a bowl
- Dip the chicken pieces into the egg and then transfer to the plate and coat with the krispie mixture. You can do approximately 6-8 pieces at a time.
- Place the coated chicken pieces onto the baking trays and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with some chopped vegetables and a dip. You could also serve them with some chips or potato wedges.
This Popcorn Chicken is best eaten immediately after cooking. It can be frozen but it is best to freeze it before cooking. Freeze on a tray or large plate in a single layer and once frozen transfer to a freezer bag or container. Bake from frozen but add a few extra minutes to the cooking time to ensure they are fully cooked through.