With just a few simple ingredients you can make these delicious Pesto Fritters, flavoured with basil pesto and packed with frozen veggies!
- 175g chopped frozen vegetables (carrots, peppers, peas and sweetcorn)
- 100g plain flour (can use gluten free)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium egg
- 50ml milk
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Sacla Classic Basil Pesto
- 1 tbsp oil
- Add the frozen vegetables to a bowl or jug, cover with boiling water and cook in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Drain the vegetables and add them to the other ingredients, mixing again.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. When the oil is hot add a large spoonful of the fritter mixture and flatten with a spatula.
- Repeat with the remainder of the mixture. You should be able to cook 4 fritters at a time and make 7/8 fritters from the mixture
- Cook the fritters for 3-4 minutes on either side until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on some kitchen paper and serve hot with a dollop of creme fraiche and some more pesto!