Delicious chicken meatballs made with just 5 simple ingredients and flavoured with basil pesto and parmesan. Perfect for a finger food dinner for kids or even mixed into spaghetti and sauce.
- 450g / 160z chicken mince or chicken breasts
- 1 medium egg
- 50g / 0.75 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 50g / 1.75oz basil pesto
- 25g / 0.75oz grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f and line one large or two smaller trays with parchment paper.
- If you are using chicken mince you can skip this step but if you are using whole chicken breasts then add them to a food processor and pulse until the meat has broken down to a mince-like consistency.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and mix well with a spoon.
- Take a tablespoon size amount of the mixture, roll into a ball and place on the baking tray. You should be able to make about 28 meatballs from this, or less if you make them bigger.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or for a little longer if you make larger meatballs.
- Serve immediately with breadsticks and crudites for a finger food style meal or with spaghetti and sauce for a more traditional meatball dinner.
- Any leftovers can be cooled and stored in the fridge for up to the 2 days. These meatballs can also be frozen and defrosted overnight in the fridge.
- Pesto and parmesan are both quite high in salt so I would not serve this to babies under 12 months. You could make your own pesto without salt and try it though.