My take on this classic Nando’s meal – Peri peri chicken with roasted sweetcorn, red cabbage coleslaw and spicy rice
- 6 pieces of chicken (thighs or drumsticks)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp peri-peri spice mix
- 2 corn on the cob
- 1/2 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 red apple, grated
- 3 tbsp mayo
- parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Remove the skin for the chicken thighs and drumsticks. Using a sharp knife, make a few slits in the chicken meat. Add the oil to a baking tray and toss the chicken in the oil. Sprinkle the peri-peri mix over the chicken, toss again and put in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Cut the corn on the cob into smaller pieces. I chop each one into 4, so 8 pieces in total. Once the chicken has been baking for 25 minutes, remove for the oven and ad the sweetcorn to the baking tray. Toss the chicken and corn around so that the corn gets coated in the peri-peri mix. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the coleslaw by mixing the shredded red cabbage, grated carrot and grated apple together in a bowl. Add the mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken and sweetcorn from the oven and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve with spicy rice.