Delicious fluffy muffins made with parsnips from Peppa Pig’s Vegetable Garden
- 200g plain flour
- 50g oats
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g coconut oil or butter, melted
- 40g light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 100g plain greek yogurt
- 1 medium egg
- 1 medium parsnip, finely grated (approx 75g)
- 1 medium red apple, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a muffin tray with 12 silicone or paper cases.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon with a spoon.
- In another bowl add the melted coconut oil and light brown sugar and mix with a fork.
- Add in the honey, yogurt and egg and continue to mix with a spoon until all the ingredients have combined.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon just enough until everything is combined together.
- Finally fold in the grated parsnip and apple.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake in the oven for between 20 and 25 minutes until golden brown on the outside and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffins onto a wire rack and leave to cool.