Delicious fluffy Apple & Parsnip Muffins. Great snacks for kids, particularly fussy eaters! And made with parsnips from Peppa’s Vegetable Garden
I know what you are probably thinking… parsnips in a muffin! No way are my kids going to eat those! But honestly, these are worth a try!
A couple of weeks ago I posted a recipe for these delicious Carrot Cake Energy Bites and also these super tasty Tomato Frittata Fingers, inspired by the newly released board book Peppa’s Vegetable Garden. This book, aimed at children aged 2-6 years, follows the story of Grandpa Pig teaching Peppa and George all about growing their own vegetables in the garden.
The book is a great introduction to vegetables and where they come from. To celebrate the launch of Peppa’s Vegetable Garden this week I’ve made these super tasty muffins made with parnsips, inspired by the vegetables that Peppa and George grow.
The parsnip muffins are wonderfully light and fluffy and also contain some apple for added sweetness. I’ve tested them on my children and their friends and they’ve got a big thumbs up from everyone!
If you try this recipe yourself please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. I’d love to see your pictures and hearing your comments about the recipes!
Peppa’s Vegetable Garden is available to buy in supermarkets, bookshops and online – http://amzn.to/2FqpWxO
You can also download Peppa Pig: Trying New Things activity sheet to complete with the kids here – http://www.peppapig.co.uk/grown-ups/downloads
Disclosure: I have been compensated for my time spent working on this campaign but all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.Print
Delicious fluffy muffins made with parsnips from Peppa Pig’s Vegetable Garden
- 200g plain flour
- 50g oats
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g coconut oil or butter, melted
- 40g light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 100g plain greek yogurt
- 1 medium egg
- 1 medium parsnip, finely grated (approx 75g)
- 1 medium red apple, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a muffin tray with 12 silicone or paper cases.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon with a spoon.
- In another bowl add the melted coconut oil and light brown sugar and mix with a fork.
- Add in the honey, yogurt and egg and continue to mix with a spoon until all the ingredients have combined.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon just enough until everything is combined together.
- Finally fold in the grated parsnip and apple.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake in the oven for between 20 and 25 minutes until golden brown on the outside and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffins onto a wire rack and leave to cool.