Delicious soft oat bars flavoured with peanut butter and banana. Made with just six simple ingredients and perfect for a batch cook healthy breakfast
- 200g porridge oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- 75g peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan and line a square baking dish or brownie tin with parchment paper.
- Add the oats, cinnamon and baking powder to a large bowl and mix well.
- In a jug or another bowl mix together the mashed banana, milk and peanut butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into the dish and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before lifting out of the dish. Then cool for another few minutes before cutting into 9 squares.
These bars will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days and can be eaten cold or reheated in the microwave. They can also be frozen and will defrost in the fridge overnight or at room temperature in a couple of hours.
Be sure to use a 100% nut peanut butter that doesn’t contain any added sugar.
The calories and other nutritional information listed below are approximate only. If you need exact figures then please do calculate these yourself. The calories below are for the bars only and do not include any toppings.