Use up your less than fresh bread and other leftovers with this savoury bread pudding
- 300g broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 350ml milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 400g bread (I used 300g of ciabatta and 100g of sliced white bread)
- 50g grated parmesan (save a sprinkling for the top)
- 75g ham slices
- Preheat the oven to 180c and grease an oven dish. I used a 24 sq cm dish.
- Cook the broccoli in boiling water on the hob for 4 minutes, then drain.
- Whisk the milk and eggs together in a bowl and add garlic, oregano, black pepper and chilli .
- Tear the bread into bite sized chunks and place in the greased dish. Add the broccoli and pour over the egg mixture. Sprinkle the grated parmesan on top and finally add the ham slices, roughly torn. Push the pieces of ham into the mixture. This ensures that the bottom half of the ham remains soft and the top half is crispy. Finish with the remaining parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the mixture is set in the middle and crispy on top.