A delicious and easy to make One Pot Greek Lamb Meatball recipe. Perfect to feed the family mid-week but just as good to be served up at a dinner party.
- 1 tsp oil
- 500g lamb meatballs
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 small aubergine, chopped
- 2 peppers, chopped
- 400g baby potatoes, chopped
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 500ml lamb stock
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp mint sauce
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 50g pitted black olives
- 100g feta cheese
- In a large frying pan or dish heat the oil and fry the meatballs for a few minutes until they have lightly browned. Drain off the excess oil.
- Add the onions, garlic, aubergine, peppers, baby potatoes and cherry tomatoes and mix well.
- In a large jug mix together the tin of chopped tomatoes, lamb stock, honey and mint sauce and pour this into the pan.
- Finally top with slices of lemon and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes until the meatballs and potatoes are cooked through, stirring regularly.
- To thicken the sauce, remove some of the sauce from the pan into a mug and mix with the cornflour until all the lumps are gone. Pour this back into the pan and mix well. Cook for another minute or two until the sauce has thickened up.
- Finally, remove from the heat, stir in the olives and top with the feta.
- Serve immediately with toasted pitta bread, fresh mint and a side salad.