Quick, easy and convenient, this gluten free One Pot Pasta is made with organic brown rice spaghetti and a creamy sausage and tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 chipolata sausages (375g), cut into bite sized pieces
- 300g brown rice spaghetti
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can tinned tomatoes (400g)
- 2 cups / 500ml boiling water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- To garnish (optional):
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- In a large saucepan heat the olive oil and add the sausages. Fry gently for 5-7 minutes until the sausages start to brown. Add the spaghetti, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, tinned tomatoes, boiling water, stock cube, basil leaves and oregano. You may have to snap the spaghetti in two to get it all to fit in. Stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and allow the pasta to simmer for approximately 12-15 minutes or until the water has almost all been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the creme fraiche. Garnish with the remaining basil leaves and grated parmesan.
The amount of liquid needed for this recipe was calculated on the basis of using brown rice spaghetti. You can use normal pasta or another gluten free pasta in this dish but please be aware that this may alter the amount of liquid required. It is always better to start off with a smaller amount and you can continue to add more if needed.