A delicious and easy mid week family meal of Creamy Sausage & Broccoli Pasta, all cooked together in one pot on the hob!
- 400g sausages
- 0.5 tbsp oil
- 350g pasta
- 600ml chicken stock
- 600ml milk
- 250g broccoli
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 50g grated parmesan
- Remove the skins from the sausages and add the sausage meat to a large pan on the hob along with the oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes, breaking the sausage meat up with a spoon.
- Add the pasta, stock and milk.
- Bring to the boil then cook on a low simmer for 6 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Cut the broccoli into medium sized florets and add that to the pot.
- Continue to cook for another 6 minutes, again stirring regularly.
- Turn off the heat, add the creme fraiche and grated parmesan and stir well.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave or on the hob. It can also be frozen and defrosted overnight in the fridge.