A healthy version of the classic jam thumbprint cookies. Made with oats, bananas & almond milk these cookies are gluten and dairy free with no refined sugar
- 150g rolled oats (use certified gluten free if necessary)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 50ml almond milk (cows milk would work too)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp raspberry chia seed jam
- Preheat the oven to 170c and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Put the oats into a food processor and blitz until they are broken down into a finer consistency. Transfer the oats to a mixing bowl and add the mashed bananas, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined.
- With your hands roll the oats mixture into 12 equal size balls. Place them onto the baking tray and flatten with the back of a spoon to make a cookie shape. Using your thumb, make an imprint in the centre of each cookie and add 1/2 tsp of chia jam to each.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until the edges start to crisp. Allow to cool on a rack.
- The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days.