A superfood rich breakfast of oat pancakes, layered with banana and topped with blueberries. Makes 6 pancakes.
- 200g oats
- 240ml milk
- 2 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sugar / sweetener
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- cooking spray or oil to fry
- 1 banana, sliced
- 50g blueberries
- Maple syrup or honey to serve
- In a food processor blitz the oats until they become more fine.
- Add the milk, yoghurt, egg, sugar / sweetener and the bicarb and blitz again until well combined.
- Add oil or cooking spray to a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook one pancake at a time by adding a small ladle of the oats mixture to the pan. The mixture will rise slightly with the bicarb so don’t make the pancake too big! Cook on one side for 3-4 minutes until browned. Flip the pancake and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove and place on a plate or keep warm in a low heat oven.
- Add a small bit of oil or cooking spray to the pan between each pancake to prevent them from sticking.
- When all the pancakes have been cooked, layer them between slices of banana, top with blueberries and serve with maple syrup or honey.