Delicious kid-friendly chicken goujins made with a crunchy oat coating
- 400g chicken mini fillets
- 150g oats (porridge oats or rolled oats)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 40g plain flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the oats, paprika, oregano and garlic powder to a food processor and blitz until the oats have been broken down to a more fine consistency.
- Add the oil and blitz again. You can also add a little salt and pepper if you like.
- Transfer this mixture into a bowl.
- In another bowl add the flour.
- And crack the egg into a third bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Take one chicken mini fillet, dip in the flour, coat in the egg and then sprinkle the oat mixture all over until evenly coated.
- Repeat with all the mini fillets and the bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately
These goujons are best eaten straight away although they can kept in the fridge for up to 48 hours and reheated.
If you want to freeze, its best to freeze them before cooking. Place the assembled but uncooked goujons on a plate or tray in a single layer and freeze for a couple of hours. Transfer to freezer bags or containers. Keep in the freezer for a max of 3 months. Cook directly from frozen adding an extra 7-10 minutes to the cooking time. Ensure they are fully cooked and piping hot in the centre before serving.