Grab a healthy breakfast on the run with these two ingredient cookies!
What comes to mind when you imagine a cookie with no flour, no sugar, no butter and no egg? No taste probably! Well you couldn’t be more wrong. These Oat & Banana Cookies are about as healthy and tasty as they come. The ripe bananas naturally sweeten the oats and you can add whatever extras or flavourings you like. I chose chocolate chip and raisin but some other good combos are:
- Peanut Butter
- Cranberries & Orange Zest
- Desiccated Coconut
- Vanilla Essence
- Chopped Nuts
- Ground Ginger
My fussy little eater couldn’t believe her eyes when I presented these yesterday morning. “Cookies for breakfast Mummy?”. She happily munched away on two while I chuckled to myself, thinking if only she knew they were essentially porridge in a cookie form!
These cookies are also are great way to use up those black and over ripe bananas bananas lurking at the bottom of your fruit bowl. The riper the better for this recipe as the banana will be sweeter.Print
Grab a healthy breakfast on the run with these two ingredient cookies
- 100g oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 25g chocolate chips
- 25g raisins
- Heat the oven to 160c. Place some baking parchment onto a cookie tray.
- Blitz the oats in a food processor for a couple of minutes until they are of a finer consistency.
- In a bowl mash the bananas and add the chocolate chips and raisins or any other extras. Stir in the oats.
- Spoon a heaped dessert spoon of the mixture onto the baking parchment. Mould the mixture into a cookie shape and flatten with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the cookies are just getting crisp on the outside but are still soft in the middle.
- The cookies are best eaten that same day but will keep ok in a biscuit tin for 2 days.
I made 6 big cookies from this mixture. If you would prefer to make smaller cookies, or even bites, you may have to reduce the cooking time by a few minutes. Check the cookies after 9 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 2.3
- Carbohydrates: 23.6
- Fiber: 3.3
- Protein: 3.5