With just a few simple ingredients including peanut butter, oats and cocoa powder, you can whip up these No Bake Chocolate Cookies in just a few minutes. Super simple but so tasty! They’re also gluten and dairy free too.
When it comes to feeding kids I always think that having a few simple recipes up your sleeve is the key to success. Providing constant snacks can be expensive, especially during the school holidays when children are home all day.
These No Bake Chocolate Cookies are ideal as they are inexpensive to make and you probably already have most of the ingredients in your store cupboard.
- peanut butter
- coconut oil
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract; and
These cookies are no-bake, meaning they are super easy to make. There is still a small amount of cooking involved as most of the ingredients need to be melted together before adding the oats.
I would probably only let older children get involved in helping at this point as the ingredients can get very hot when melted.
Once everything is melted together and the oats have been added, you just need to mould the mixture into 12 cookie shapes and then cool in the fridge for 30 minutes until they are set.
1. If you don’t have or don’t want to use coconut oil you can substitute it for the same quantity of butter.
2. Technically you can use any type of nut butter in these cookies, not just peanut butter. However I find that lots of brands of almond and cashew butter are difficult to melt so you might want to test this out before substituting.
3. You can add other ingredients to these cookies such as granola, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, etc to add lots of extra crunch and flavour.
SIGN UP TO MY FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER TO GET BRAND NEW RECIPES DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX!
With just a few simple ingredients including peanut butter, oats and cocoa powder, you can whip up these No Bake Chocolate Cookies in just a few minutes. Super simple but so tasty!
- 100g smooth peanut butter
- 60g coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g oats
- Add the peanut butter, coconut oil and honey to a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook for a few minutes until the ingredients have all melted together.
- Add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract and simmer for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and quickly stir in the oats.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spoon on 12 heaped spoons of the mixture. Mould each into a cookie shape and then transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- These cookies are best kept in a container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- If you want to ensure these cookies are gluten free you will need to use certified gluten free oats.