With just a few simple ingredients including peanut butter, oats and cocoa powder, you can whip up these No Bake Chocolate Cookies in just a few minutes. Super simple but so tasty! They’re also gluten and dairy free too.
When it comes to feeding kids I always think that having a few simple recipes up your sleeve is the key to success. Providing constant snacks can be expensive, especially during the school holidays when children are home all day.
These No Bake Chocolate Cookies are ideal as they are inexpensive to make and you probably already have most of the ingredients in your store cupboard.
- peanut butter
- coconut oil
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract; and
These cookies are no-bake, meaning they are super easy to make. There is still a small amount of cooking involved as most of the ingredients need to be melted together before adding the oats.
I would probably only let older children get involved in helping at this point as the ingredients can get very hot when melted.
Once everything is melted together and the oats have been added, you just need to mould the mixture into 12 cookie shapes and then cool in the fridge for 30 minutes until they are set.
1. If you don’t have or don’t want to use coconut oil you can substitute it for the same quantity of butter.
2. Technically you can use any type of nut butter in these cookies, not just peanut butter. However I find that lots of brands of almond and cashew butter are difficult to melt so you might want to test this out before substituting.
3. You can add other ingredients to these cookies such as granola, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, etc to add lots of extra crunch and flavour.
PRE-ORDER my new book THE FUSS-FREE FAMILY COOKBOOK out 26th January. 100 healthy easy and quick recipes that the whole family will enjoy!
If you try my No Bake Cookie recipe please do leave me a comment and a star rating below. You can also share your pictures with me on on Instagram or Twitter. I always love to see your creations!Print
No Bake Chocolate Cookies
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
With just a few simple ingredients including peanut butter, oats and cocoa powder, you can whip up these No Bake Chocolate Cookies in just a few minutes. Super simple but so tasty!
- 100g smooth peanut butter
- 60g coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100g oats
- Add the peanut butter, coconut oil and honey to a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook for a few minutes until the ingredients have all melted together.
- Add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract and simmer for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and quickly stir in the oats.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spoon on 12 heaped spoons of the mixture. Mould each into a cookie shape and then transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- These cookies are best kept in a container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- If you want to ensure these cookies are gluten free you will need to use certified gluten free oats.
Wow these are so moreish! I have to say I was a little dubious about what they would taste like but I definitely wasn’t disappointed and neither was my 2.5 year old.
Super simple and quick to make – and totally guilt free!
I didnt have any coconut oil so had to use stork but they turned out fine. Another amazing recipe!
These came out so good! I can’t believe how easy they were to make and they tasted amazing. A new family favourite for sure.
I take back my previous comments, my fussy 6 year old demolished them! They do taste better the longer you leave them in fridge. So I guess I will be making them again after all!
I used butter in place of coconut oil. Found the cookies very ‘claggy’ in the mouth & quite bitter, though this maybe due to the unsweetened peanut butter & dark chocolate cocoa. Not sure I’d make again to be honest.