Have some fun with sausages and make these Monster Hot Dogs with red cabbage slaw. Perfect for Halloween or Bonfire Night!
- 12 debbie & andrew’s Pork & Herb Chipolatas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 red cabbage, sliced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 12 hot dog bread rolls
- 1 head of lettuce
- mustard or ketchup to top
- Cook the sausages according to the package instructions, either on the hob or in the oven.
- Heat the oil in a large pan on the hob. Add the red onion and fry gently for 2-3 minutes until soft. Stir in the cumin.
- Add the red cabbage and fry for another 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and the brown sugar, mix well and cook for another 3 minutes, again stirring regularly.
- Remove from the heat and allow the slaw to cool a little.
- Make the hot dog rolls by adding a layer of lettuce, a spoonful of the warm cabbage slaw, a chipolata sausage and then topping with mustard or ketchup.
- Serve immediately. Monster eye picks are optional!