Crunchy and crumbly oat cookies with Crispy M&M’s. Perfect for batch make after school snacks for hungry kids!
- 125g butter, softened
- 50g sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g plain flour
- 100g oats
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75g Crispy M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 160c fan and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat again until combined.
- Add the flour, oats and bicarbonate of soda and mix with a spoon.
- Add half the Crispy M&Ms to the mixture and stir with a spoon.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture and add it to the baking tray, moulding into a round cookie shape.
- Repeat to make 15 cookies.
- Add the remaining Crispy M&Ms to the top of the cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies will keep for 3 days in an airtight container. They can also be frozen. After cooling, add them to a freezer bag and push out all the air. Defrost at room temperature in 1-2 hours.