These delicious Mini Egg Brownies make a fun Easter dessert. They are flourless and made a little healthier by using coconut oil, ground almonds, coconut sugar and coconut flour.
- 150g dark chocolate
- 100g coconut oil or butter
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g ground almond
- 50g coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 mini eggs
- To top:
- 25g dark chocolate
- 16 mini eggs
- Preheat the oven to 170c. Grease an 8in x 8in dish or tin with oil or butter and line with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil or butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chocolate broken into small chunks. Stir continuously until the chocolate has melted, making sure not to burn the mixture.
- Remove from the heat, add the coconut sugar and honey and mix until well combined. Add the eggs and stir again.
- In a separate bowl add the ground almonds, coconut flour and salt together. Pour the chocolate mixture in and mix until it has all combined. The brownie mixture will be quite thick and sticky but this is normal!
- Add half of the brownie mixture to the greased pan or dish. I found using a plastic spatula made it easier to spread the mixture out evenly. Add 16 mini eggs on top of this mixture, evenly spaced out. Finally, spread on the remainder of the brownie mixture and flatten the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until the sides of the brownies are just beginning to crisp. Remove the brownies from the oven and melt the remaining dark chocolate. Drizzle this on top and finally add the remaining 16 mini eggs, again spaced out evenly.
- Allow to brownies to cool completely before cut them into 16 mini brownies.