These Ham & Cheese Wraps and folded up like mini burritos and dry fried quickly to make them melting on the inside but soft and warm on the outside. So delicious and perfect for lunch at home or a packed lunch at school!
Happy New Year! Is anyone else struggling to get back into the swing of meal prepping after the Christmas chaos? Yeah me too!
Our eating habits have been all over the place the past couple of weeks. But I’m slowly trying to get back to preparing three good meals a day.
For some reason we seemed to have an abundance of flour wraps in the fridge (yep I keep my wraps in the fridge – it makes them last longer!).
They were a little dry but rather than throw them away I decided to cut them up and make some mini ham and cheese wraps which I then dry fried on the hob.
This gives a lovely melty middle to the wraps, whilst the outside gets warm and soft and a little crispy in parts. Delicious!
I’ve added some step-by-step photos below to show exactly how I made the wraps. It might sound complicated but they are super easy to make. You can also add other fillings such as tuna mayo, chicken mayo, etc. So many tasty options!
How To Fold The Wraps
These mini wraps are delicious served warm. But they can also be cooled and added to lunch boxes for school, work or picnics in the park.
I get asked a lot about plates, bowls and lunch boxes that I use for my kids so here are the ones I’ve used in this post:
Lunch Box – I really like these bento style lunch boxes. They’re perfect for keeping different components of your child’s lunch separate and they wash really well too.
Bamboo Plate – I love this bamboo plate my friend Grace sent to me from her online shop. Again it allows you divide your child’s meals into different compartments and is perfect if you are looking for a non-plastic plate for kids.Print
These Ham & Cheese Wraps and folded up like mini burritos and dry fried quickly to make them melting on the inside but crispy on the outside.
- 1 large soft flour tortilla
- 50g / 1.7oz thinly sliced cooked ham
- 60g / 2oz grated cheddar cheese
- Cut the tortilla in half and then half again, giving you four triangles.
- Lay one triangle on a cutting board with the flat end nearest you and the point of the triangle facing up (see picture).
- Lay some ham onto the tortilla and top it with some cheese.
- Fold in the two outside edges of the triangle and then fold the bottom of the triangle up.
- Fold the top of the triangle down and press down firmly to help hold it all together.
- Place the wrap directly onto a frying (no oil or butter needed) folded side down.
- Repeat with the remaining three wraps.
- Fry the wraps on a medium heat for approximately 1 minute on either side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and add to lunch boxes.