Super easy to make and really healthy too, your kids are sure to love my recipe for these Lemon & Herb Fish Fingers.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lemon
- 75g / 1.5 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50g / 0.3 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 450g / 1 lb cod fillets
- Preheat the oven to 430f / 220c. Pour the oil into a large baking dish or baking sheet and grate in a little zest from the lemon skin.
- Place the breadcrumbs, mixed herbs, salt and pepper into a shallow bowl. In a second bowl place the flour and in a third bowl place the eggs and beat them lightly with a fork.
- One by one, take a piece of fish, coat it in flour, dip it in the egg and then roll it through the breadcrumb mixture. When it is fully coated place it into the baking tray and repeat the process until all the strips of fish are coated.
- Add a little more lemon zest to the top of the fish fingers before baking in the oven for between 12 and 15 minutes or until the fish has fully cooked and the outside is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.