Super easy to make and really healthy too, your kids are sure to love this recipe for Lemon & Herb Fish Fingers.
If there’s one meal my kids will never tire of eating it’s fish fingers. Getting any other type of fish into them is an epic battle but I could serve them fish fingers day in day out and I wouldn’t hear a complaint!
Pushed for time I sometimes do feed them the packaged frozen fish fingers but when I’ve got a little more time I make up a batch of my homemade Lemon & Herb Fish Fingers which they gobble down just as quick. The lemon taste is very subtle but if you are worried that you kids won’t like it, feel free to leave it out or just start with a very small amount.
These fish fingers can be made up in big batches and stored in the freezer. Once you have assembled them, simply freeze in a single layer on a plate or a tray, before transferring into a freezer bag or container for up to 2 months. They can then be cooked from frozen but will require an extra 5-8 minutes cooking time.
For the full recipe check out the video or written instructions below (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!). And if you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I’d love to see your pictures!Print
Super easy to make and really healthy too, your kids are sure to love my recipe for these Lemon & Herb Fish Fingers.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lemon
- 75g / 1.5 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50g / 0.3 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 450g / 1 lb cod fillets
- Preheat the oven to 430f / 220c. Pour the oil into a large baking dish or baking sheet and grate in a little zest from the lemon skin.
- Place the breadcrumbs, mixed herbs, salt and pepper into a shallow bowl. In a second bowl place the flour and in a third bowl place the eggs and beat them lightly with a fork.
- One by one, take a piece of fish, coat it in flour, dip it in the egg and then roll it through the breadcrumb mixture. When it is fully coated place it into the baking tray and repeat the process until all the strips of fish are coated.
- Add a little more lemon zest to the top of the fish fingers before baking in the oven for between 12 and 15 minutes or until the fish has fully cooked and the outside is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.