Bring your leftover mashed potato back to life with these delicious mashed potato, ham, cheese and pea muffins!
If there’s one thing which I absolutely hate it’s food waste.
For me there’s nothing worse than chucking away good food, either because I’ve made too much or because I’ve left it go out of date.
For this reason I absolutely love leftovers and often get quite excited about the creating a brand new meal from last night’s remains (I know, I don’t get out much!)
Mashed potatoes and pasta are two foods that I always seem to make way too much of.
So today I am sharing my a really delicious recipe that uses up leftover mashed potato and ham.
If you don’t have any leftover ham then you can use ready cooked ham, chicken or even leave it out altogether.
I thought this recipe would be a really good one to have to hand around Christmas time too when there’s always an abundance of food.
It’s even worth making a pile of mash just to be able to make these muffins the next day!Print
Bring leftovers back to life with these delicious mashed potato, ham, cheese and pea muffins!
- 600g leftover mashed potato
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g cooked ham, chopped
- 100g cooked peas
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Grease a muffin tin with a little butter or spray with oil.
- In a large bowl mix together the mashed potato and eggs until they are well combined. Add the ham, peas and cheese and mix well. Season to taste.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the muffin tins (use an ice cream scoop to make it super easy!).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for approximately 10 minutes before removing.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like my Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes.