Get kids drinking more water this summer with these colourful juice ice cubes.
I’ve had some massive problems with my site this week and have been unable to post anything which was so frustrating. I’ve also had to re-post this Juice Ice Cube recipe as it got deleted. Drats! Seen as it’s Friday and my brain is a bit fried at this stage in the week, I can’t remember what I wrote in the original post so I’ll keep this short and sweet!
We had some beautiful weather here last week and my fussy little eater had tonnes of fun playing outside in the sun. It was difficult to try to get her to drink enough water to keep hydrated and so I decided to make these little juice cubes to make plain old boring H2O seem a little bit more exciting.
They worked a treat. She loved watching the cubes melt in the water and drank whole glass full down at a time. That’s a big success in my book! I’m now planning more ice cube surprises to keep her drinking water all summer long.Print
Get kids drinking more water this summer with these colourful juice ice cubes
- 540ml of juice – I used apple, cranberry and orange juice
- (the amount of juice required will depend on the size of your ice cube trays)
- Pour 15ml of apple juice into each of the compartments of the ice cube tray.
- Put in the freezer until completely frozen.
- Repeat with the cranberry juice and freeze.
- Repeat again with the orange juice and freeze.