A delicious Italian Pasta Salad recipe made with debbie&andrew’s Sausages. Its super easy to make and can be easily stored in a mason jar for picnics and lunches!
It is just me or does it suddenly seem like Spring has finally arrived? The milder weather and longer days have finally brought me out of my Winter slump and I’m actually getting excited for salad season again… hee hee!
So today I’m sharing my first salad recipe of 2016 and it’s a good one! I’ve teamed up with debbie&andrew’s* to show you how to make this delicious Italian Sausage Pasta Salad. This recipe is super easy to make and keeps really well in a mason jar or any other container, making it perfect for picnics outside or to pack up for lunch at work or school.
For my recipe I used debbie&andrew’s Perfect Pork Sausages. They’re gluten and dairy free, making them perfect for families with intolerances. The sausages are lightly seasoned, giving them lots of flavour but still mild enough for kids to enjoy too.
For the salad ingredients I used cherry tomatoes, cucumber, yellow pepper, black olives and spring onions but you can pretty much use any salad vegetables you like!
If you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I’d love to see your pictures!Print
A super simple Italian Pasta Salad recipe made with Debbie&Andrew’s Sausages. Its super easy to make and can be easily stored in a mason jar for picnics and lunches!
- 1 pack Debbie&Andrew’s Perfect Pork Sausages (6 sausages)
- 300g dried pasta
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 yellow pepper
- 15–20 black olives
- 2 spring onions
- 2–3 tbsp Italian salad dressing
- Cook the sausages however you like them. I prefer to bake mine but grilling or frying is absolutely fine too.
- Whilst the sausages are cooking, add the pasta to a pan of boiling water and cook according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain the pasta in a colander and run under cold water until cooled.
- When the sausages are cooked, cut them into bite sized slices and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop the salad ingredients.
- At this point you can either mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl or else you can add each of them individually to a mason jar, starting with the salad dressing and the pasta and then layering on the salad.
- Store in the fridge for 24 hours or until ready to eat.
*Disclosure: This recipe post has been sponsored by debbie&andrew’s but all opinions and recommendations are honest and are my own.