This delicious and refreshing Gazpacho soup is ready in less than 5 minutes. The perfect lunch for busy parents this summer!
Summer has well and truly arrived here. The weather has been glorious the past few weeks so fingers crossed it stays like this until September!
Although I’m loving the warm weather one thing I’m not so keen on in summer is cooking.
Some days it’s just too hot to be in the kitchen with the hob or oven on so quick and easy no-cook recipes are what I need.
Gazpacho ticks all these boxes for a delicious and nutritious lunch that’s ready in just a couple of minutes.
What is Gazpacho?
Gazpacho is a cold Spanish soup made with fresh tomatoes, red pepper and other vegetables. There are lots of different ways to prepare Gazpacho. Traditionally the tomatoes are soaked in hot water then blanched in cold water to remove the skins and lots of recipes include ingredients such a stale bread.
As with most of my recipes, I’ve adapted it to suit me, so although this might not be the most traditional Gazpacho recipe you’ve seen, it still tastes delicious!
To make this soup instant I don’t remove the tomato skins. Instead I use a high speed blender to blitz the tomatoes down until they’re completely smooth. Traditional gazpacho also requires chilling for several hours. As busy parents we don’t have this luxury so instead I add ice to mine to cool it down!
I made my Gazpacho in this Optimum Air Vac 2 blender from Froothie. I’ve been an ambassador of Froothie appliances for several years now and continue to love them just as much as I did when I first discovered them.
The Air Vac works like a normal high speed blender but with the added bonus of a revolutionary new vacuum function. When making smoothies or juices you can choose the vacuum setting which essentially suck the air out of the blender and then blitzes the ingredients as normal. This prevents oxidation, maintains the nutrients in the fruit and veg, prevents it from discolouring and extends it’s shelf life.
Pros & Cons of the Air Vac
- The Air Vac works fantastically well as a blender. Even without using the vacuum function, it’s makes a super smooth soups, smoothies and pasta sauces which is great for my kids as they hate finding any lumps!
- It looks really modern and I really like the digital display.
- The jug is really big and you can fit a lot into it, perfect for making large portions for the whole family.
- However it is quite a tall machine. Unlike other stand blenders it has a high back which connects to the top of the lid to create the vacuum. So bear this in mind if you are planning on having it out on your countertop permanently. The product dimensions are 20cm(L) – 23.5cm(W) – 51.5cm(H).
The Air Vac is currently on sale at £399 with free delivery and finance options also available. There are lots of reviews and instructional videos on their website so do go over and take a look if you are interested in seeing some more.
Disclosure: Froothie gifted me this Air Vac but as always all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.
PRE-ORDER my new book THE FUSS-FREE FAMILY COOKBOOK out 26th January. 100 healthy easy and quick recipes that the whole family will enjoy!Print
A delicious and refreshing no cook tomato soup ready in less than 5 minutes. The perfect lunch for busy parents this summer!
- 500g vine tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1 red pepper
- ½ red onion
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- large handful of ice
- chopped parsley
- drizzle of olive oil
- Rougly chop the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper and onion and add to the blender along with the garlic, lime juice, cumin and paprika.
- Blitz until smooth and then taste and season with salt and pepper. Add the ice and blitz again until it’s completely crushed.
- If it is too thick then add some cold water and blitz again until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately. The toppings are optional.
This soup is best served immediately but it will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 48 hours.