How To Cook a Christmas Turkey and Christmas Veggies in a Bag
- One whole turkey
- 1 tbsp oil or melted butter
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 carrots
- 300g brussel sprouts
- 2 parsnips
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 8 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- fresh rosemary and thyme
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Take a whole turkey, remove all packaging and make sure any giblets have been removed from inside.
- Brush with a little oil or melted butter and then sprinkle on the garlic granules, paprika and oregano and rub it into the skin with your fingers.
- Open the Bakewell Turkey Bag into a large tin and place the turkey inside it.
- Use the tie to close the bag and the snip with a sissors. You can either just snip the side once or snip the top of the bag a few times.
- Tuck the bag into the roasting dish as you don’t want it to touch the sides or top of the oven. Bake at 180c. The time will depend on the weight of your turkey but cooking it in the bag will help it to cook up to 10% quicker
- When ready, remove from the oven and cut open the bag with a scissors. Check the temperature of the meat in several places. It should be a least 74c.
- Allow to rest for about 30 minutes before carving.
- Prepare the veggies by peeling if necessary and chopping into large bite sized pieces. The shallots and garlic can stay whole.
- Pop all the veggies into a Medium Bakewell Bag, add the herbs, oil and lemon juice.
- Give the bag a good shake up so that all the veggies are coated then close with the supplied tie.
- Roast for 45 minutes and then remove. If serving immediately, then remove the veggies and transfer to a serving dish. Otherwise they can remain in the bag to keep them warm.