A simple homemade cold and flu remedy of Honey Lemon & Jar infused together in a jar
- 400g / 1 cup honey
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 x 500ml / 16oz jar with lid
- Add the lemon, ginger and honey to the jar in layers. I placed 2-3 slices of lemon in the jar, added a couple of pieces of ginger and then a few spoonfuls of honey. Repeat until you have used all the produce and the jar is full.
- Screw the lid on tightly and put in the fridge for at least 12 hours before using to allow all the ingredients to combine and the flavours to infuse. When ready, add one or two teaspoons to a mug of warm water and drink immediately.
- It is normal for the lemon juice and the honey to separate in the jar. The honey will settle at the bottom and you will get a delicious lemon and ginger juice towards the top. Rather than continuously mixing them back together I simply take a spoon of the juice and a spoon of the honey from the jar each time I use it.
- The mixture will keep in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 2 months.