A healthy baked version of this kids’ dinner time favourite
- 500g mashed potato
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 50g breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Mix the mashed pototo, cheese, cornflour and oregano together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. This will make the mixture easier to work with.
- Remove from the fridge and divide the potato mixture into 12 equal balls. Flatten each ball into a round shape the thickness of a one pound coin.
- Place the flatten potato balls onto a baking sheet lined with baking parchment, brush with egg and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Turn the potato smile over and repeat on the other side.
- Make the smiley faces by adding two eyes (using the end of a teaspoon) and a mouth (using a knife).
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.