A delicious mild chicken satay with five different vegetables all blended and hidden into the sauce. A brilliant family meal for your fussy eaters!
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small courgette
- 150g cauliflower
- 100g mushrooms
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tin (400ml) coconut milk
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 650g diced chicken breast
To serve: boiled rice, dried chilli flakes, fresh coriander and chopped peanuts
- Chop all the veggies except the mushrooms into small pieces. The mushrooms can remain whole.
- Add the oil and onions to a large pan on the hob and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey and lime juice and cook until the peanut butter has dissolved.
- Add in the chopped veggies, coconut milk and chicken stock and stir well.
- Bring to the boil and cook on a high simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Use a hand blender to blitz the sauce until completely smooth.
- Add in the raw diced chicken and cook on a low simmer for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with boiled rice and any other accompaniments.