A delicious and easy Strawberry Banana Bread recipe, made a little healthier with no refined sugar. The perfect afternoon snack for hungry kids!
This recipe needs to come with a massive disclaimer – once you cut it don’t expect it to last any longer than a few seconds! It’s so incredibly more-ish that kids and adults alike will be begging for a second slice. Don’t say I didn’t warn you! But it’s ok, it’s a healthy banana bread recipe so second helpings are allowed.
Most banana bread recipes out there are made with refined white or brown sugar but I omitted these, instead using the natural sweetness of the bananas (this is why it’s best to use very ripe bananas) and some honey in my recipe.
The bread itself is incredibly soft and moist thanks to the yogurt. I also used some coconut oil in my recipe but if you don’t have this you can swap it for olive oil or sunflower oil instead. The strawberries can be substituted too – for blueberries or raspberries, or even a mixture of all three!
As breads or cakes go this is honestly so easy to make. You don’t need any special equipment or even a mixer. It’s all mixed by hand so it’s the perfect recipe to get your kids involved in helping with!
If you try my recipe please come back and let me know what you think in the comments. I’ve also been getting so many messages and tags on Instagram from you guys making my recipes. Please keep sending me the pictures. Its always the highlight of my day to see them!Print
A delicious Strawberry Banana Bread recipe, made a little healthier with no refined sugar. The perfect afternoon snack for hungry kids!
- 275g / 1 3/4 cups plain or all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 75g / 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 75g / 1/3 cup honey
- 50g / 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g / 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f.
- Grease a 2lb / 9 inch loaf tin with butter or oil. Line with parchment paper and then grease the paper. This ensures that the bread does not stick!
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda to a large bowl and mix with a spoon.
- In a second bowl add the mashed banana, coconut oil, honey, yogurt, egg and vanilla and mix well until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Finally, fold in the chopped strawberries.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove the tin from the oven, cover the bread loosely with foil, and return it to the oven.
Turn the temperature down to 160C / 320F and bake for a further 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the banana bread comes out clean.
- Once the loaf has cooked, remove it from the oven. Allow to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This Strawberry Banana Bread will keep in a cake tin for up to 48 hours (if it lasts that long!)