A quick and simple hot chocolate recipe, made with almond and coconut milk and spiked with mint!
- 3 cups milk (I used a mix of almond and coconut milk)
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Optional: coconut cream, grated chocolate and mint leaves to garnish
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and add the chocolate. Heat over a low heat, stirring regularly until the chocolate has melted, ensuring that the milk does not boil. Add the honey, vanilla extract and peppermint extract and whisk vigorously until all the ingredients have combined.
- Garnish with coconut cream, grated chocolate and mint leaves and serve immediately.
The hot chocolate can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave or on the hob